Department of Biology, College of Education for Pure Sciences, University of Anbar, Ramadi, Iraq
Document Type : Research Paper
A field experiment conducted at the 2021 agricultural season in one of the agricultural field in Anbar Governorate - Fallujah district to study the effect of root treatment with different concentrations of Mycorrhizal fungi and folair application with different concentrations of Moringa leaf extract and the interaction between them on the proportion of mineral elements in Citrullus Colocynthis leaves. The experiment carried out in a randomized complete block design (R.C.B.D) with three replications. The experiment included 16 treatments, inoculation with four concentrations of mycorrhizal fungi (0, 15, 20, 25 g), folair application with four concentrations of moringa leaf extract (0, 100, 200, 300 g. L-1) and the interaction treatment between them. The averages compared using the least significant difference L.S.D at a probability level of 0.05. The results showed that the inoculation of roots with mycorrhizal fungi gave significant differences in the studied traits, as the inoculation with mycorrhizal fungi at concentration 25 g for each plant achieved the highest values for some of the studied traits, which significantly outperformed the control treatment without addition in the ratio of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium. While folair application with Moringa leaf extract when treated 200 g. L-1 gave the best results for the ratio of nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium. Whereas, the interaction treatment 25 gm +200 gm/l between the mycorrhizal inoculum and moringa leaf extract, respectively, gave the highest percentage of nitrogen in the leaves, while the interaction treatment 20 gm +200 g. L-1 between the mycorrhizal inoculum and moringa leaf extract, respectively, achieved the highest rate of phosphorous. and potassium in the leaves.
- Abdul abbas, F. A. (2021). Effect of spraying with salicylic acid and the leaves extract of moringa on the vegetative and flowering growth of common snapdragon (Antirrhinum majus L.). Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, 22(33 and 34): 145-154.
- Ahmed, A. O. M. K. (2018). Chemical Constituents of Hanzal (Citrullus colocynthis) Fruits and Physiochemical Properties of its Seeds Oil (Doctoral dissertation, University of Gezira).
- Al-Ghamdi, F. A., Al-Zahrani, H. S., and Al-Amer, K. H. (2009). Phytosociological studies of Citrullus colocyanthis L., growing in different altitudinal sites in Saudi Arabia. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences: PJBS, 12(10): 779-785.
- Alhassan, Y. J., Sanchi, I. D., Dorh, L. E., and Sunday, J. A. (2022). Review of the Nutritive, Medicinal and General Economic Potentials of Moringa Oleifera. Cross Current International Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences, 4(1): 1-8.
- Al-Sahhaf, F. H. R. (1989). Feeding Applied Intentions. House of wisdom. Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, University of Baghdad, House of Wisdom, Iraq.
- Bashir, K. A., Waziri, A. F., and Musa, D. D. (2016). Moringa oleifera, a potential miracle tree; a review. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 11: 25-30.
- Corcoz, L., Păcurar, F., Pop-Moldovan, V., Vaida, I., Stoian, V., and Vidican, R. (2021). Mycorrhizal patterns in the roots of dominant Festuca rubra in a High-Natural-Value Grassland. Plants, 11(1): 112.
- Dixit, S., Tripathi, A., and Kumar, P. (2016). Medicinal properties of Moringa oleifera: A review. International Journal of Education and Science research review, 3(2): 173-185.
- Gerdemann, J. W., and Nicolson, T. H. (1963). Spores of mycorrhizal Endogone species extracted from soil by wet sieving and decanting. Transactions of the British Mycological society, 46(2): 235-244.
- Gopalakrishnan, L., Doriya, K., and Kumar, D. S. (2016). Moringa oleifera: A review on nutritive importance and its medicinal application. Food science and human wellness, 5(2): 49-56.
- Jakobsen, I., Leggett, M. E., and Richardson, A. E. (2005). Rhizosphere microorganisms and plant phosphorus uptake. Phosphorus: Agriculture and the environment, 46: 437-494
- Karim, N. A. A., Ibrahim, M. D., Kntayya, S. B., Rukayadi, Y., Hamid, H. A., and Razis, A. F. A. (2016). Moringa oleifera Lam targeting chemoprevention. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 17(8): 3675-3686.
- Koltai, H., and Kapulnik, Y. (2010). Arbuscular mycorrhizal symbiosis under stress conditions: benefits and costs. Symbioses and Stress: Joint Ventures in Biology, 339-356.
- Koul, B., and Chase, N. (2015). Moringa oleifera Lam.: Panacea to several maladies. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 7(6): 687-707.
- Larayetan, R., Ololade, Z. S., Ogunmola, O. O., and Ladokun, A. (2019). Phytochemical constituents, antioxidant, cytotoxicity, antimicrobial, antitrypanosomal, and antimalarial potentials of the crude extracts of Callistemon citrinus. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2019.
- Olsen, S. R. (1982). Phosphorus. Methods of soil analysis, 2: 403-430.
- Page, A. L., Miller, R. H., and Keeny, D. R. (1982). Methods of Soil analysis part (2) 2nd (ed). Agronomy 9. Amer. Soc. Agron. Madison Wisconsin. Papanicolaou, EP (1976). Determination of cation. Exchange capacity of calcareous soils and their percent base saturation. Soil Science, 121: 67-71.
- Priya, M. S., Jagadeeswaran, A., Raja, M. J., Natrajan, A., Srinivasan, P., and Ranganathan, V. (2021). Phytochemical analysis of Adhatoda vasica and identification of an isolated alkaloid Vasicine using HPTLC. The Pharma Innovation Journal, 10(9): 1370-1377.
- Swarnakar, G., Kumawat, A., Menaria, K., and Chouhan, H. S. (2021). Pharmacological studies of medicinal plant citrullus colocynthis: a. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 12(8): 4151-4159.