Department of Biology, College of Science, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Department of Biology, College of Science, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Ira
Document Type : Review Paper
This study aims at recognizing Pesticides and how the process of pesticides biodegradation by microbiology took place, and the effect of environmental condition on this process.
And how the research uncovered the efficiency of microbiology in the biodegradation process of pesticides, as the perfect temperature for the biodegradation process is 40 °C and humidity effect on pesticides efficiency, when high humidity reduces pesticide efficiency and the perfect acidity to increase bacteria efficiency is 7, for the incubation period, it was found during the previous studies that the best incubation period is 5-7 days, in this period the bacteria imprint on pesticides and increase biodegradation of it.
- Ali, U., Syed, J. H., Malik, R. N., Katsoyiannis, A., Li, J., Zhang, G., and Jones, K. C. (2014). Organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) in South Asian region: a review. Science of the Total Environment, 476: 705-717.
- Alsammarae, B. A. M. (2019). Study of the biodegradation of Clorspan and Ground Up pesticides for some types of Bacteria isolated from selected nurseries in Baghdad, A Thesis College of Science, University of Anbar, and Doctorate Philosophy in Biology / Ecology.
- Al-Kazaeh, D. K. K., and H. J. Al-Tamimi. (2014). Role of bioremedation in removal of cadmium and lead from soils fertilized with phosphorus and organic manures and irrigated with different irrigation source of water. Journal of Basrah Research, 40(3B): 146-160.
- Al-Yasiri, K. H. M. (2013). Soil Pollution and Deterioration in Hilla District, (An Analytical Study in the Geography of the Environment, Master’s Thesis, (G.M).
- Baruah, P., and Chaurasia, N. (2021). Recent Perspective on Bioremediation of Agrochemicals by Microalgae: Aspects and Strategies. Environmental and Agricultural Microbiology: Applications for Sustainability, 1-24.
- Casida, J. E., and Quistad, G. B. (2004). Organophosphate toxicology: safety aspects of nonacetylcholinesterase secondary targets. Chemical research in toxicology, 17(8): 983-998.
- Čolović, M., Krstić, D., Petrović, S., Leskovac, A., Joksić, G., Savić, J., ... and Vasić, V. (2010). Toxic effects of diazinon and its photodegradation products. Toxicology letters, 193(1): 9-18.
- Damicone, J., and Smith, D. (2009). Fungicide Resistance Management. Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Fact Sheets, EPP‐7663.
- El-Sagheer, A. M. (2020). Side Effects of Pre-Plant Incorporated Herbicides on The Population of Root-Knot Nematode in Cucumber Plants Under Field Conditions. Journal of Plant Protection and Pathology, 11(6): 275-281.
- Eman, A., Abdel-Megeed, A., Suliman, A., Sadik, M. W., and Sholkamy, E. N. (2013). Biodegradation of glyphosate by fungal strains isolated from herbicides polluted-soils in Riyadh area. British Journal of Environmental Sciences, 1(1): 7-29.
- (2001). Guidelines on organization and operation of training schemes and certification procedures for operators of pesticide application equipment. Rome.
- Gassmann, A. J. (2012). Field-evolved resistance to Bt maize by western corn rootworm: predictions from the laboratory and effects in the field. Journal of invertebrate pathology, 110(3): 287-293.
- Hammadi, I. S. M. (2014). Biodegradiation, ability of bacterial isolates prevailing in contaminated soils with oil derivatives. Annals of Agricultural Sciences, 52(3): 407-418.
- Huang, F., Andow, D. A., and Buschman, L. L. (2011). Success of the high‐dose/refuge resistance management strategy after 15 years of Bt crop use in North America. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata, 140(1): 1-16.
- Karimi, H., Mahdavi, S., Asgari Lajayer, B., Moghiseh, E., Rajput, V. D., Minkina, T., and Astatkie, T. (2022). Insights on the bioremediation technologies for pesticide-contaminated soils. Environmental Geochemistry and Health, 44(4): 1329-1354.
- Kumar, U., Berliner, J., Adak, T., Rath, P. C., Dey, A., Pokhare, S. S., ... and Mohapatra, S. D. (2017). Non-target effect of continuous application of chlorpyrifos on soil microbes, nematodes and its persistence under sub-humid tropical rice-rice cropping system. Ecotoxicology and environmental safety, 135: 225-235.
- Meeker, J. D., Singh, N. P., Ryan, L., Duty, S. M., Barr, D. B., Herrick, R. F., ... and Hauser, R. (2004). Urinary levels of insecticide metabolites and DNA damage in human sperm. Human Reproduction, 19(11): 2573-2580.
- Mewis I. (1998). Morphologische und physiologische Wirkungsweise amorpher Diatomeenerden auf ausgewählte vorratsschädliche Insekten. Diplomarbeit, Absetract Econ. Entomol, 76: 243-246.
- Minai-Tehrani, D., Minoui, S., and Herfatmanesh, A. (2009). Effect of salinity on biodegradation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) of heavy crude oil in soil. Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology, 82: 179-184.
- Pareja, L., Colazzo, M., Pérez-Parada, A., Niell, S., Carrasco-Letelier, L., Besil, N., ... and Heinzen, H. (2011). Detection of pesticides in active and depopulated beehives in Uruguay. International journal of environmental research and public health, 8(10): 3844-3858.
- Prescott, C. V., Buckle, A. P., Hussain, I., and Endepols, S. (2007). A standardised BCR resistance test for all anticoagulant rodenticides. International Journal of Pest Management, 53(4): 265-272.
- Qureshi, M. A., Jaskani, M. J., Khan, A. S., and Ahmad, R. (2022). Influence of endogenous plant hormones on physiological and growth attributes of kinnow mandarin grafted on nine rootstocks. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation, 41(3): 1254-1264.
- Shayley, H., McBride, M., and Harrison, E. (2009). Sources and Impacts of Contaminants in Soils. Cornell Waste Management Institute. 1-6.
- Shehab, F. A., and F. M. Abd. (2010). Soil Pollution, 1st Edition, Dar Al-Yazuri Scientific for Publishing and Distribution.
- Stoner, K. A., and Eitzer, B. D. (2013). Using a hazard quotient to evaluate pesticide residues detected in pollen trapped from honey bees (Apis mellifera) in Connecticut. PLoS One, 8(10): e77550.
- Ubuoh, E. A., Akhionbare, S. M. O., and Akhionbare, W. N. (2012). Effects of pesticide application on soil microbial spectrum: case study-fecolart demonstration farm, Owerri-West, Imo state, Nigeria. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Engineering, 3(2): 34-39.
- Wuana, R. A., and Okieimen, F. E. (2011). Heavy metals in contaminated soils: a review of sources, chemistry, risks and best available strategies for remediation. International Scholarly Research Notices, 2011: 20.