Dept. of Agricultural Economics, Coll. of Agric. Engineering Science, Univ. of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Document Type : Research Paper
The research aims to predict the expected values of the most important variables determining the food security coefficient of the wheat crop in Iraq for the period (2021-2030), where the food security coefficient of the wheat crop was calculated. The results showed that the wheat food security coefficient was about (0.97), which indicates that the value of the security coefficient Food is less than the correct one, but it is greater than (0.50), which is enough for more than six months, which requires maintaining the level of food security of wheat and seeking to increase that rate by the concerned state agencies, either by expanding the cultivation of the wheat crop or increasing imports, which It leads to an accumulation in the strategic stock sufficient for local consumption to enhance the food security of wheat and the ability to face the emergency conditions that the country may go through, and then predict the expected values of the most important variables specific to the food security factor of the wheat crop in Iraq until 2030, and the exponential smoothing method will be used in predicting the expected values of the most important variables specific to the food security coefficient in Iraq, through the results of predicting the expected values of the most important variables specific to the food security coefficient of the wheat crop during the current period. A study, where the method of double exponential smoothing (DES) was adopted, and it appeared that the prediction of the cultivated area is declining during the future years, and one of the reasons for this decline is the deterioration of soil fertility due to salinization and erosion as well as environmental conditions, while the rest of the variables are expected to be on the rise in the coming years.
- Abboud, K. Q. (2005). Arab food security and its prospects under globalization, an unpublished master's thesis, College of Administration and Economics, Al-Mustansiriya University.
- Abdel Ahad, M. D., and Younes, N. S. (2012). Predicting the sales volume of the medical product by triple exponential smoothing method. Journal of Education and Science, 25(4): 148-161.
- Al-Jumaili, A. A. (2020). An economic study of the reality of food security in Iraq for the period (1980-2017), a master’s thesis, Economics and Agricultural Extension - Agricultural Economics, College of Agriculture, Tikrit University.
- Al-Marsoumi, I. K. M. (2017). Estimating the Food Gap and Future Expectations for the Production, Consumption and Imports of Wheat and Rice Crops in Iraq for the Period (1980-2015), Master Thesis, Department of Agricultural Economics, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad.
- Al-Thunayan, A. (2004). The Dilemma of Arab Food Security and Self-sufficiency, Al-Riyadh Journal.
- Alwan, A. (1998). Agricultural development crisis and food security dilemma. Arab Future Journal, Center for Arab Unity Studies, Beirut, Lebanon. 11(117): 71-104.
- Al-Wardi, A. H. (1990). Statistical Prediction Methods - Methods and Applications, Dar Al-Hekma Press, Basra, Iraq.
- AOAD. (1996). The importance of increasing productivity in the agricultural sector to achieve food security, working paper. Journal of Agriculture and Development in the Arab World, 31(3): 31- 40.
- Bakri, K. (1989). Economic Resources, University House, Lebanon.
- Chavez, S., and Meredith, J. O. M. (2007). Business Process Approach in Outreach Pages, Riyadh, Dar Al Marrekh.
- Esmail, A. G., Abou-Nahoal, M. A., El Sheemy, A. H., and Ismail, T. H. (2020). A Study of the Specific Economic Factors for Suger Food Security Laboratores in Egypt. Assiut Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 51(1): 188-202.
- FAO. (2010). The State of Food Insecurity in the World, Rome.
- Ghanem, A. M. K. (1997). The issue of food security in Egypt (analytical study), Mansha’at al-Maaref, Alexandria.
- Hussein, H. N. (2018). An economic study on wheat and rice production in Iraq during the period (1990-2016). The Scientific Journal of Commercial and Environmental Studies, 9(3): 405-425.
- Ibrahim, A. A. G. (1999). Food security in Iraq and its future requirements, House of Wisdom, Yarmouk Press, Baghdad.
- Maatouq, S. S. (2015). Strategic grain production in Iraq and its impact on food security. Maysan Research Journal, 11(21): 236-246.
- Najm, N. A. (2007). An introduction to Operations Management. Amman, Dar Al-Mahraj for Publishing and Distribution.
- Suleiman, O. R. A. (2007). Statistical analysis of data using Minitab program.