RESPONSE OF SOME INDICATORS OF VEGETATIVE AND SEED GROWTH OF THE FIRST-GENERATION HYBRID OF GYNOECIOUS CUCUMBERS FOR PROTECTED CULTIVATION TO THE DATE OF HARVEST, THE DATE OF SEED EXTRACTING AND NUTRIENT SPRAYING
ANBAR JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES,
2022, Volume 20, Issue 2, Pages 374-386
AbstractThe experiment was carried out in one of the greenhouses of the Department of Horticulture and Landscaping / College of Agriculture / University of Anbar. With an area of 500 m2 during the autumn season 2021, two locally derived strains were pollinated and a sexual modification process was performed on them to produce male flowers and it is considered a pollinator for the other strain. The study included six dates of harvesting and seed extraction, harvesting fruits after 45, 50 and 55 days of hybridization and direct extraction of seeds, symbolized by T1, T3 and T5 sequentially, and harvesting fruits after 45, 50 and 55 days of hybridization and extracting seeds after 5 days of harvest and symbolized by T2, T4 and T6 sequentially. and spraying with three concentrations of BREXIL DUO 0, 1.5 and 3 gm. l-1 and symbolized by S0, S1 and S2 sequentially. The fruits were collected and their seeds extracted according to the dates. The harvesting date after 55 days of hybridization and the date of seed extraction after 5 days of harvesting led to an increase in stem diameter in field emergence and dry weight of field emergence of seedlings if they gave values of 2.288 mm and 47.464 mg sequentially. Treatment with BREXIL DUO showed superiority In the characteristics of vegetative growth at a concentration of 3 g l-1, which amounted to 2.151 mm and 47.870 mg respectively, in addition to the specifications of the seeds represented by the percentage of germination, speed of germination, weight of seeds in fruits and average seed yield in the experimental unit in fruits that were harvested after 55 days of hybridization and date Extraction of seeds after 5 days of harvesting and spraying with a concentration of 3 g l-1 of BREXIL DUO was 99.000, 98.222 (%), 4.479, 5.266 (seed day-1), 3.416, 3.301 (gm. fruit-1), 170.700 and 165 .094 (g) respectively
- Ali, S. A, and Idris, A. Y. (2015). Effect of seed size and sowing depth on germination and some growth parameters of faba bean Vicia faba L. Agricultural and Biological Sciences Journal, 1(1): 1-5.
- Atallah, H. S., Salim, H. M., and Hussein, H. A. (2019). Effect of Foliar Fertilization by Two Types of Fertilizers on Growth and Yield of Cucumber (Omega Variety) under Protected Environment Conditions. Journal of University of Babylon for Pure and Applied Sciences, 27(4): 178-183.
- Barbedo, C. J., Coelho, A. S., Zanin, A. C. W., and Nakagawa, J. (1993). Influence of age of cucumber fruits on seed quality. Horticultura Brasileira, 11: 18-21.
- Borges, S. R. D. S., Silva, P. P. D., Araújo, F. S., Souza, F. F. D. J., and Nascimento, W. M. (2019). Tomato seed image analysis during the maturation. Journal of Seed Science, 41: 022-031.
- Gao, S., Yan, R., Cao, M., Yang, W., Wang, S., and Chen, F. (2008). Effects of copper on growth, antioxidant enzymes and phenylalanine ammonia-lyase activities in Jatropha curcas L. seedling. Plant Soil Environment, 54(3): 117-122.
- Hartmann, H. T., Kester, D. E., Davies, F. T., and Geneve, R. L. (1997). Plant propagation: principles and practices (No. Ed. 6). Prentice-Hall Inc.
- Hussain, S., Shah, M. A. A., Khan, A., Ahmad, F., and Hussain, M. (2020). Potassium enhanced grain zinc accumulation in wheat grown on a calcareous saline-sodic soil. Pakistan Journal of Botany, 52(1): 1-6.
- International Seed Testing Association (ISTA). (2013). International Rules for Seed Testing.
- Kemira, G. H. (2004). Application of micronutrients: pros and cons of the different application strategies. In IFA International Symposium on micronutrients. Internet/International fertilizer industry Association, 23-25.
- Mengel, K., and Kirkby, E. A. (1982). Principles of plant nutrition 3rd ed International Potash Institute Bern.
- Nakada, P. G., Oliveira, J. A., Melo, L. C. D., Gomes, L. A. A., and Von Pinho, É. V. D. R. (2011). Physiological and biochemical performance of cucumber seeds at different maturation stages. Revista Brasileira de Sementes, 33: 113-122.
- Ortiz, T. A., Nicoletti, M. A., and Takahashi, L. S. A. (2016). Effect of processing stages in the physiological quality of maize seeds. Australian Journal of Crop Science, 10(6): 819-823.
- Pereira, F. E. C. B., Torres, S. B., Silva, M. I. D. L., Grangeiro, L. C., and Benedito, C. P. (2014). Qualidade fisiológica de sementes de pimenta em função da idade e do tempo de repouso pós-colheita dos frutos. Revista Ciência Agronômica, 45: 737-744.
- Puzina, T. I. (2004). Effect of zinc sulfate and boric acid on the hormonal status of potato plants in relation to tuberization. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, 51(2): 209-215.
- Rahmani, F., Sayfzadeh, S., Jabbari, H., Valadabadi, S. A., and Hadidi Masouleh, E. (2019). Alleviation of drought stress effects on safflower yield by foliar application of zinc. International Journal of Plant Production, 13(4): 297-308.
- Ricci, N., Pacheco, A. C., Conde, A. S., and Custódio, C. C. (2013). Qualidade de sementes de pimenta jalapenho em função da maturação e tempo de permanência nos frutos. PesquisaAgropecuária Tropical, 43(2): 123-129.
- Saaseea, K. G. (2018). Effect of foliar application with calcium, magnesium and fertilizing with humic acid on growth, yield, and storage ability of potato tubers. The iraqi journal of agricultural science, 49(5): 897.
- Shehzad, M. A., Maqsood, M., Abbas, T., and Ahmad, N. (2016). Foliar boron spray for improved yield, oil quality and water use efficiency in water stressed sunflower. Sains Malaysiana, 45(10): 1497-1507.
- Singh, H. M., and Tiwari, J. K. (2013). Impact of micronutrient spray on growth, yield and quality of tomato Lycopersicon esculentum Mill. HortFlora Research Spectrum, 2(1): 87-89.
- Soleimani, A., Ahmadikhah, A., and Soleimani, S. (2009). Performance of different greenhouse cucumber cultivars Cucumis sativus L. in southern Iran. African Journal of Biotechnology, 8(17).
- Takač, A., Popović, V., Glogovac, S., Dokić, V., and Kovač, D. (2015). Effects of fruit maturity stages and seed extraction time on the seed quality of eggplant Solanum melongena L. Ratarstvo i povrtarstvo, 52(1): 7-13.
- Thirupathi Reddy, M., Hari Babu, K., Ganesh, M., Begum, H., Dilipbabu, J., and Krishna Reddy, R. S. (2013). Gene action and combining ability of yield and its components for late kharif season in okra (Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench). Chilean journal of agricultural research, 73(1): 9-16.
- Wimmer, M. A., and Eichert, T. (2013). Mechanisms for boron deficiency-mediated changes in plant water relations. Plant science, 203: 25-32.
- Yogeesha, H. S., Upreti, K. K., Padmini, K., Bhanuprakash, K., and Murti, G. S. R. (2006). Mechanism of seed dormancy in eggplant Solanum melongena L. Seed Science and Technology, 34(2): 319-325.
- Article View: 17
- PDF Download: 15