RESPONSE OF OLIVE TREES CULTIVAR AL-ASHRASSI TO NUTRITION WITH CHELATED IRON (CHI) AND DRY YEAST EXTRACT (DYE)
ANBAR JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES,
2022, Volume 20, Issue 2, Pages 348-359
AbstractThis study was carried out in the Western Desert Olive Field of Rawa village (Abu Koi) in 2021-2022 season to study the impact of the paper spraying with (CHI) encoded by F0, F1, F2 three levels of concentrations of 0, 100, 200 mg L-1 and (DYE) Y0, Y1, Y2 with three levels of concentration of 0, 10, 20 g L-1 and their interference in the characteristics of vegetative and fruity growth. Trees were sprayed to full wetness with three consecutive dates, the first spray was in April after full flowering, the second was in May and the last one was in June. The results showed the following: The effect of leaf spraying with (CHI) for the F2 transaction at a concentration of 200 mg L-1 in which their superior differences in the studied traits increase in the number of nodes 24.74 node plant-1, leaf area 7.20 cm2, fruit weight 6.15 g, fruit dry weight 2.05 g, iron concentration in leaves 31.63 mg kg-1. Whereas, the effect of leaf spraying with the second factor (DYE) showed the Y2 treatment with a concentration of 20 g L-1 superior differences in the studied traits in increase in the number of nodes 19.15 node plant-1, leaf area 7.05 cm2, wet weight of Leave 0.40 g, dry weight of fruit 2.10g, fruit weight 6.36 g, total yield 14.03 kg tree-1, iron concentration in leaves 24.40 mg kg-1.
- Abdel Aziz, M., Sana, S., and Sana, Sh. (2018). Effect of planted groundnut seed size and plant spraying with bread yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) on plant growth and productivity. Tishreen University Journal for Research and Scientific Studies - Biological Sciences Series, 4(2).
- Abdel Hafez, A. A. (2005). Modern techniques in fertilizing horticultural crops. Scientific Office of the United Company for Agricultural Development (UAD) Cairo - Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Abdul Karim, A. A., N. H. Hussein, and S. A. Khalil. (2021). Effect of Chelated Iron and Gibberellic Acid Foliar Application on the Growth of Sour Orange Seedling Citrus aurantium L. Iraqi Journal of Soil Sciences, 21(1): 110-116.
- Ahmed, E. S., Al-Ishaqi, J. M. Kh., and Al-Obaidi, K. S. A. (2021). Effect of Compo Fertilizer and Spraying with Yeast on the Mineral Content of Two Varieties of Olive Seedlings, Kirkuk University Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 12(1).
- Ali, A. A., Abd Fleih, S., Idan, R. O., and Aziz, H. M. (2017). Response of olive seedlings for treatment with licorice and yeast extract. Journal of Kerbala for Agricultural Sciences, 4(4): 56-68.
- Alalaf, A. H., and Fekry, W. M. (2020). Effect of saline stress on growth of fruit plants. Mesopotamia Journal of Agriculture, 48(4): 53-61.
- Allan, J. E. (1961). The determination of zinc in agricultural materiales by atomic absorption spectrophotometery. Analyst, 86(1025): 530-534.
- Al-Abadi, S. R. (2007). Some chemical and physical changes in the fruits of olive cultivar Ashrassi during growth and maturity. Damascus University. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 23(2): 179-186.
- Al-Allaf, A. H. I. (2017). Evergreen fruits, benefits, description, care and production. University of Mosul, Iraq.
- AL-Ani, M. H., and N. D. AL-Obeidi. (2017). Response of varieties of maize to bio-fertilization of Bread yeast (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae L.). Anbar Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 15(2): 471-483.
- Al-Douri, A., and Al-Rawi, A. (2000). Fruit Production, Dar Al-Kutub forPrinting and Publishing, University of Mosul, Iraq.
- Al-Hariri, R. O. (2019). Nutrition and Nutrition Education. Oman Jourdan. Dar Al-Yazudi, 1st floor.
- Al-Ibrahimi, M. Sh. A. I., Al-Omari, S. F. S., and Obaid, H. J. (2014). Effect of Fe-EDTA-chelated iron fertilization on the growth of seedlings of native (Citrus aurantium L.). Dhi Qar University Journal, 9(1): 63-71.
- Al-Jabi, F. F. (2007). Olive Tree - First Edition - Zain Design Advertising and Printing Services - Nablus - Palestine.
- AL-Karawi, H. N. R., Salman, F. A., and Al-Mosawi, A. J. J. (2018). Effect of spraying with dry yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) and boron on the growth and production of the strawberries plant cultivated under the conditions of protected agriculture. Euphrates Journal of Agriculture Science, 10(3): 60-68.
- Al-Mawsili, M. A. (2018). The Complete in Fertilizers and Fertilization Soil, Plant and Water Analysis. University of Mosul - Iraq.
- Al-Rawi, R. H. H., and Al-Dulaimi, R. M. H. (2022). Effect of Foliar Spraying with Chelated Iron (CHI) and Dry Yeast Extract (DYE) on Vegetative Growth and Yield Properties of Ashrassi Cultivar Olive Trees. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 1060(1): 012047.
- Al-Rubaie, S. M. K. (2014). Effect of spraying with active dry yeast suspension and licorice root extract on some vegetative and root growth characteristics of Citrus aurantium L. seedlings. Al-Furat Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 6(2): 338-352.
- Al-Sahhaf, F. H. (1989). Applied Plant Nutrition - Ministry of Higher Education and Research and University of Baghdad - House of Wisdom – Iraq.
- Al-Qayyim, F. S. (1999). A study of the genetic diversity of wild olives in the Syrian coast and coastal mountains. PhD thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, Tishreen University, Syrian Arab Republic. p 14.
- Barbandi, A. (2007). Palm cultivation and the nutritional and medicinal benefits of dates. Raslan Foundation for Printing, Publishing and Distribution, Damascus - Syria.
- Davies, M. K. (2005). Plant Pigment and Manipulate. Blackwell and Publishing CRC Press, New Zealand.
- El-Tohamy, W. A., El-Abary, H. M., and El-Greadly, N. H. M. (2008). Studies of the effect of puterscine, yeast and Vitamin C on growth, yield and Physiological responses of eggplant (Solanum Melongena L.) under Sandy soil conditions. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 2(2): 296-300.
- Faisal, H. A., and Abdulla, A. S. A. (2018). The effect of foliar spray of potassium nitrate and chelated iron on some physiological and chemical characteristics for date palm Phoenix dactylifera L. Nersy cv. Basrah Journal for Date Palm Research, 17(1-2).
- Focus, F. (2003). The Importance of Micronutrients in the Region and Benefits of including them in Fertilizers. Agrochemicals Report, 111(1): 15-22.
- Ghalib، A., J. Abbas, and K. Ibrah. (2016). Influence of Spraying with Dry Yeast Extract and Coconut Liquid on Growth, Biochemical Constituents and Mineral Content of Geranium. The Jordanian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 12(2): 387-400.
- Ibrahim, A. M., and Khalif, M. N. H. (2007). Olive Tree. Cultivation, care and production. first edition. ID facility - Alexandria.
- Jawar, A., and Abdul-wahid, M. S. (2019). Effect of Spray by Chelated Iron in physical and Chemical Characteristics of Iraqi Banana Musa Paradisica L. Var Sapientum (L.) Oktze Cultivation South Iraq. University of Thi-Qar Journal of agricultural research, 9(2): 91-103.
- Mady, M. A. (2009). Effect of foliar application with yeast extract and zinc on fruit setting and yield of faba bean (Vicia faba L). Journal of biological chemistry and environmental sciences, 4(2): 109-127.
- Mahdi, F. T. (2005). Study of the preparation of olive trees in Iraq, Ministry of Agriculture, Baghdad.
- Mahdi, F. T. (2011). Olive Tree and Specifications of Varieties Cultivated in Iraq. The General Authority for Extension and Agricultural Cooperation - Ministry of Agriculture - Republic of Iraq.
- Mohamed, A. A. O., Mohammed, B. K., and Taha, S. M. (2020). Effect of humic acid and chelated iron on yield and quality of two strawberry cultivars (Fragaria X ananassa Duch.). Euphrates Journal of Agriculture Science, 12(2):405-422.
- Musa, N. Q. A., Al-Ishaqi, J. M. Kh., and Al-Obaidi, K. S. A. (2020). Response of young olive trees, cultivar Khudairi and Picwal, to foliar spraying with chelated iron and marine algae extract Alg600. Journal of Kirkuk University of Agricultural Sciences, 11(3).
- Nagodawithana W. T. (1991). Yeast technology. Universal Foods Corporation. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Published by Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 273.
- Sharaki, M., Khudair, A., Kamel, N., and Salameh, A. (1993). Plant Physiology (translator). The Arab House for Publishing and Distribution, Benha University, Egypt.
- Sharif, R. S. (2020). The role of Fe-EDTA chelated iron and nitrogen in improving the quality of soybean seeds at two levels of soil pH. Samarra Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, 2(3): 95-104.
- Article View: 37
- PDF Download: 38