EFFECT OF USING DIFFERENT LEVELS OF CANOLA OIL ON THE HEMATOLOGICAL AND BIOCHEMICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF COMMON CARP CYPRINUS CARPIO L.
ANBAR JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES,
2022, Volume 20, Issue 2, Pages 321-328
AbstractThe fish production industry has become one of the most important animal production projects, and fish industry suffer from feed costs, so this study aims to find accessible food additives that increase production or reduce costs. This was done by 126 fish of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) Average individual weight 42.72 g ± 2.28 g. and 254.78 g ± 2.95 g biomass weight. were randomly distributed to 21 aquaria, with seven treatments with three replicates, 6 fish per aquarium. Fish were fed 3% by weight of biomass, on a prepared diet with a protein content of 28%. It was divided into seven sections by treatments, T1 without addition, T2, T3and T4 adding sunflower oil 2, 4 and 6 g/kg, consecutively, T5, T6 and T7 adding canola oil 2, 4, and6 g/kg consecutively. The experiment period lasted 70 days, at the end of the experiment blood samples were taken from the experimental fish. The results of the blood and biochemical characteristics of common carp showed that there were no significant differences at the level (P≤0.05) in all experimental treatments.
- Aydin, B., Gümüş, E., and Balci, B. (2015). Effect of dietary fish meal replacement by poultry by-product meal on muscle fatty acid composition and liver histology of fry of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus (Actinopterygii: Perciformes: Cichlidae). Acta Ichthyologica et Piscatoria, 45(4): 343-351.
- Fazio، F., Saoca, C., Costa, G., Zumbo, A., Piccione, G., and Parrino, V. (2019). Flow cytometry and automatic blood cell analysis in striped bass Morone saxatilis (Walbaum, 1792): A new hematological approach. Aquaculture, 513: 734398.
- Hua, K., Cobcroft, J. M., Cole, A., Condon, K., Jerry, D. R., Mangott, A., ... and Strugnell, J. M. (2019). The future of aquatic protein: implications for protein sources in aquaculture diets. One Earth, 1(3): 316-329.
- Maaruf, H. T., and Akbay, C. (2020). Economic Analysis of Fish Farming in The Northern Region of Iraq. Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam Üniversitesi Tarım Ve Doğa Dergisi, 23(5): 1257-1269.
- Magouz, F. I., Essa, M., Mansour, M., Paray, B. A., Van Doan, H., and Dawood, M. A. (2020). Supplementation of AQUAGEST® as a source of medium-chain fatty acids and taurine improved the growth performance, intestinal histomorphology, and immune response of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) fed low fish meal diets. Annals of Animal Science, 20(4): 1453-1469.
- Mohseni, M., Seyed Hassani, M. H., Pourali, H. R., Kazemi, R., and Hallajan, A. (2018). Effect of Different Levels of Choline on Growth factors, Carcass Compositions, and Haematological-Biochemical Parameters in Juvenile Huso huso. Fisheries Science and Technology, 7(3): 191-197.
- Ng, W. K., Lim, H. A., Lim, S. L., and Ibrahim, C. O. (2002). Nutritive value of palm kernel meal pretreated with enzyme or fermented with Trichoderma koningii (Oudemans) as a dietary ingredient for red hybrid tilapia (Oreochromis sp.). Aquaculture Research, 33(15): 1199-1207.
- Parpoura, A. C., and Alexis, M. N. (2001). Effects of different dietary oils in sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax) nutrition. Aquaculture International, 9(6): 463-476.
- Sajedkhanian, A., Mohseni, M., and Norouzi, M. (2021). Effects of dietary fish oil replacement by canola oil on some functional and growth parameters in juveniles of Salmo caspius. Iranian Journal of Fisheries Sciences, 20(4): 1219-1233.
- Thilsted, S. H., Thorne-Lyman, A., Webb, P., Bogard, J. R., Subasinghe, R., Phillips, M. J., and Allison, E. H. (2016). Sustaining healthy diets: The role of capture fisheries and aquaculture for improving nutrition in the post-2015 era. Food Policy, 61: 126-131.
- USDA, F. (2018). Oilseeds: world markets and trade (Foreign Agricultural Service/USDA).
- Zakęś, Z., Demska-Zakęś, K., Kowalska, A., Hancz, C., and Jarmołowicz, S. (2010). Impact of diets supplemented with rapeseed, soy, and sunflower oils on growth rates and the histological picture of the livers of juvenile pikeperch, Sander lucioperca (L.). Fisheries and Aquatic Life, 18(2): 67-75.
- Zubair, M., Maqbool, F., Mehmood, I., Muzammil, S., Waseem, M., Imran, M., ... and Siddique, M. H. (2021). Rapeseed oil. In Green Sustainable Process for Chemical and Environmental Engineering and Science, 41-55.
- Article View: 42
- PDF Download: 20