University of Tikrit- College of Agriculture
Department of Plant Protection, College of Agriculture, University of Anbar, Ramadi, Iraq
Document Type : Research Paper
An experiment was conducted with Randomized Complete Block Design in the Ramadi city during the season 2020 - 2021 to study the effect of the Decis Expert, Sivanto Prime insecticides, Salicylic acid, and the combination of them to control Myzus persica ((Sulzer), which is one of the important insects that infect the broccoli crop Brassica oleracea var. Italica. The study showed that all tested concentrations of Salicylic acid combination with pesticides gave effective results after periods of treatment, an increase in the efficiency of pesticides against the insect and some growth and chemical characteristics of the broccoli crop when compared with the treatment with pesticides alone. This can be a good economic orientation for reducing the recommended rate and its reflection on environmental effects.
- Abd El Wahed, M. S. A., and Abouziena, H. F. (2014). Efficacy comparison of stearic acid, glutathione and salicylic acid on wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars productivity in sandy soil. International Journal of Plant and Soil Science, 3(6): 554-574.
- Abdi,G., Mohammadi, M., and Hedayat, M. (2011). Effect of salicylic acid on Na accumulation in shoot and root of tomato in different K status. Journal of Biological and Environmental Sciences, 5(13): 31-35.
- Akbarpour, V., ARUEI, H., and Nemati, S. H. (2014). Phytochemical and morphological attributes of borage (Borago officinalis) affected by salicylic acid as an enhancer. Notulae Scientia Biologicae, 6(2): 138-142.
- Ali, O. S. M. (2016). Effect of salicylic acid and its mixtures with three insecticides on some cotton insect pests. Master Thesis, Faculty of Agriculture, Tanta University: 71 P.
- AL-Rabiaa, J. A. (2010). Effect of saliylic acid on salt tolerance of young olive plants (Olea europaea L.) cv. Khedrawe. A Thesis The college of Agriculture Basrah University, Iraq: 162 pp.
- Byers, R. E., Carbaugh, D. H., and Presley, C. N. (1990). Stayman'fruit cracking as affected by surfactants, plant growth regulators, and other chemicals. Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science, 115(3): 405-411.
- Colares, F., Michaud, J. P., Bain, C. L., and Torres, J. B. (2017). Relative toxicity of two aphicides to Hippodamia convergens (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae): implications for integrated management of sugarcane aphid, Melanaphis sacchari (Hemiptera: Aphididae). Journal of Economic Entomology, 110(1): 52-58.
- Elnaz, E., and Ahmad, B. (2012). Effect of salinity, salicylic acid, silicium and ascorbic acid on lipid peroxidation, antioxidant enzyme activity and fatty acid content of sunflower. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 7(25): 3685-3694.
- El-Sherbeni, A. E., Khaleid, M. S., AbdAllah, S. A. E. A., and Ali, O. S. M. (2019). Effect of some insecticides alone and in combination with salicylic acid against aphid, Aphis gossypii, and whitefly Bemisia tabaci on the cotton field. Bulletin of the National Research Centre, 43(1): 1-7.
- Griffin, R. P., and Zack, S. (2019). Cabbage broccoli and other cole crop insect pests: Home and Garden Information Center, 2203.
- Hegazi, A. M., and El-Shraiy, A. M. (2007). Impact of salicylic acid and paclobutrazol exogenous application on the growth, yield and nodule formation of common bean. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 1(4): 834-840.
- Henderson, C. F., and Tilton, E. W. (1955). Tests with acaricides against the brown wheat mite. Journal of economic entomology, 48(2): 157-161.
- Hurej, M., and Werf, W. V. D. (1993). The influence of black bean aphid, Aphis fabae Scop., and its honeydew on the photosynthesis of sugar beet. Annals of applied biology, 122(2): 189-200.
- Jassim, N. S. (2019). The evaluation efficacy of salicylic acid and some chemical insecticides for control the white scales insect Parlatoria blanchardi Targ. on Date palm Phoenix dactylifera L. Basrah Journal For Date Palm Research, 18(1): 80 – 95.
- Maleck, K., Levine, A., Eulgem, T., Morgan, A., Schmid, J., Lawton, K. A., ... and Dietrich, R. A. (2000). The transcriptome of Arabidopsis thaliana during systemic acquired resistance. Nature genetics, 26(4): 403-410.
- Omar, S. J., and Abdul, K. S. (2014). Comparison of four cultivars of broccoli (Brassica oleracea var. italica plenck) in sulaimani governorate. Journal of Kirkuk University of Agricultural Sciences, 5(2): 23-32.
- Oosterhuis, D. M., Brown, R. S., and Gonias, E. D. (2003). Effect of trimaxtm insecticide applications under water-deficit stress conditions on the lint yield and physiology of field-grown cotton. AAES Research Series, 521: 114-119.
- Saady, R. H. (2021). Evaluation of the efficiency of color traps and some insecticides in the population density of green peach Myzus persicae Sulzer on tomato plant. Tikrit Journal for Agricultural Sciences, 21(1): 68-74.
- Singh, J., and Bhardwaj, S. (2018). Efficacy of some new insecticides against aerial form of the apple wooly aphid, Eriosoma lanigerum (Hausmann). Indian Journal of entomology, 80(3): 822-824.
- Sreedhar, U. (2020). Field efficacy of new insecticides for management of tobacco aphid, Myzus persicae nicotianae (Blackman) and impact on natural enemies in flue cured Virginia tobacco. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 8(5): 1662-1666.
- Ware, G. W. (2000). An introduction to insecticides (3rd ed.). University of Arizona. Tucson, Arizona. U.S. A
- Zarghami Moghaddam, M., Shoor, M., Ganjeali, A., Moshtaghi, N., and Tehranifar, A. (2014). Effect of salicylic acid on morphological and ornamental characteristics of Petunia hybrida at drought stress. Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences, 4(3): 523-532.