Field Crop Sciences, College of Agriculture Engineering Sciences, University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Document Type : Research Paper
The experiment was carried out, the Field Experiments of the Field Crops Department, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad, during the autumn season of 2017, The aim was to study the yield effected by covering local gypsum 2 and 4 mm and gibberellic acid (GA3) 0, 200, 400 and 600 mg L-1, the control treatment was dry seeds. The field experiment was applied according to the design of the RCBD, four replicates. The results of the statistical analysis showed that the combination of the local plaster thickness of 4 mm and the treatment of 400 mg / L-1 of GA3 significantly exceeded the comparison treatment (dry seeds) and gave the highest mean in fertilization and number of grains per head and paper area. The resulting combination of 4 ml of local gypsum with 400 mg L-1 of GA3 gave the highest the number of head grains, the highest mean of the total grain yield and the highest mean of the percentage of protein in grains. All levels of GA3were superior to the treatment of the comparison. The treatment gave 400 mg L-1 of GA3, the fertile ratio and the weight of 100 seeds, the number of seeds in the head, the highest of total grain yield and the percentage of protein in grains. We conclude from the results of this study that the combination of 4 ml of local gypsum covering and 400 mg L-1 of GA3 gave have a positive effect on increasing the plant yield compared to the non- packaging seeds. Low local gypsum with GA3or to improve the grain yield.
- Al-Assaf, M. A., Z. S. Abbas, I. N. haizm, and M. M. Taha. (2013). Effect of spraying gibberellic acid and nitrogen on two types of potatoes var. alaska. Diyala Agricultural Sciences Journal, 5(2): 384-395.
- Association of Official Seed Analysts, (AOSA). (1988). Rules for Testing Seeds. Journal of Seed Technology, 12(3): 109.
- Finch‐Savage, W. E., and Leubner‐Metzger, G. (2006). Seed dormancy and the control of germination. New phytologist, 171(3): 501-523.
- Gevrek, M. N., Atasoy, G. D., and Yigit, A. (2012). Growth and yield response of rice (Oryza sativa) to different seed coating agents. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 14(5): 826–830.
- Hamed, M. A., and A. A. ALjbouri. (2012). Effect of gibberellic acid in germination and yield of soybeans. Anbar Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 10(1): 317-330.
- Hamed, M. A. (2015). Effect of gibberelic acid in growth and wheat yield (Triticum aestivum L.). Anbar Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 13(2):226-234.
- Jadoo, K. A., and A. L. Alowan. (2015). Hormonal regulation of tillering in sorgum (sorghum bicolor l. moench) and its influenc on grain yield and its components. Iraqi Journal of Agricultural Science, 46(3): 300-311.
- Manoharapaladagu, P. V., Rai, P. K., Srivastava, D. K., and Kumar, R. (2017). Effects of polymer seed coating, fungicide seed treatment and packaging materials on seed quality of chilli (Capsicum annuum L.) during storage. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 6(4): 324-327.
- Steel, R. G. D., and J. H. Torrie. (1960). Principles and Procedures of Statistics. McGraw – Hill book company, INC. New York, Toronto, London, 481.
- Tatipata, A. (2009). Effect of seed moisture content packaging and storage period on mitochondria inner membrane of soybean seed. Journal of Agricultural Technology, 5(1): 51-64.
- Tillmanm, M. A. A., and D. M. Miranda. (2006). Análise de sementes. In: Peske. S.T., O.A Lucca Filho and A.C.S.A. Barros, (Ed.). Sementes: fundamentoscientíficos e tecnológicos, Pelotas: UFPel, 159-255.
- Tiwari, D. K., Pandey, P., Giri, S. P., and Dwivedi, J. L. (2011). Effect of GA3 and other plant growth regulators on hybrid rice seed production. Asian journal of plant sciences, 10(2): 133-139.
- Zeng, D., and Shi, Y. (2009). Preparation and application of a novel environmentally friendly organic seed coating for rice. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 89(13): 2181-2185.