RESPONSE OF TWO FLAX CULTIVARS TO CHEMICAL AND NANO-FERTILIZERS AND THEIR INFLUENCE ON GROWTH AND YIELD PARAMETERS
ANBAR JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES,
2021, Volume 19, Issue 2, Pages 285-305
AbstractThis study was done during (11th of November to 8th of June ,2020) at two locations (Grdarasha and Grdmala) in Erbil governorate to test the influence of seven fertilizer treatments [Control, Nano-NPK, Super Nano, Triple super phosphate, Urea, KCl and agricultural sulphate], two flax cultivars (Libra and Brazowe) and their interactions on growth, yield and oil content. The results indicated to significant effect of the studied factors and their interactions on growth, yield and oil % of the two flax seeds. The maximum seed yield 4.65 and 6.27 g plant-1 was recorded from plots sprayed with Nano-NPK, while the lowest values 2.58 and 4.45 g plant-1 was recorded from control in both locations respectively. While the highest seed yield value 4.42 and 5.86 g plant-1 were obtained from Brazowe cultivar. On the other hand, the interaction treatment of (Super Nano* Brazowe cultivar) and (TSP * Brazowe) were recorded the highest seed yield per plant which were 5.97 and 6.99 g plant-1 respectively. The highest oil values 32.96, 30.73 and 33.42% was observed from treatments Nano-NPK, Brazowe cultivar and treatment combination of (Nano-NPK* Brazowe cultivar) respectively.
- A.O.A.C. (1980). Official methods of analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists. 12thEd.Washington, D.C.
- Abd El-Fatah, A. A. E. (2007). Comparative study on some flax cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Science - Mansoura University, 32(9): 7111-7119.
- Acko, D. K., and Trdan, S. (2008). Influence of row spacing on the yield of two flax cultivars (Linum usitatissimum L.). Acta Agriculturae Slovenica, 91(1): 23-35.
- Afify, R. R., El-Nwehy, S. S., Bakry, A. B., and Abd El-Aziz, M. E. (2019). Response of peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) crop grown on newly reclaimed sandy soil to foliar application of potassium nanofertilizer. Middle East Journal of Applied Sciences, 9(1): 78-85.
- Al-Doori, A. M. S. (2012). Influence of sowing dates on growth, yield and quality of some flax genotypes (Linum usitatissimum L.). College of Basic Education Researches Journal, 12(1): 733-746.
- Al-Sudani, E. K. F., and Al-Baldawi, M. H. K. (2018). Effect of bio-fertilization on some traits of growth, yield, its components, and oil yield for different cultivars of Flax. Euphrates Journal of Agriculture Science, 10(2).
- Al-Sulaivani, S. I. A. (1993). Physicochemical Behavior of Ortho and Pyrophosphate in Some Calcareous Soils from Northern of Iraq (Doctoral dissertation, Ph. D. Dissertation, University of Baghdad, Baghdad).
- Andruszczak, S., Gawlik-Dziki, U., Kraska, P., Kwiecińska-Poppe, E., Różyło, K., and Pałys, E. (2015). Yield and quality traits of two linseeds (Linum usitatissimum L.) cultivars as affected by some agronomic factors. Plant, Soil and Environment, 61(6): 247-252.
- Bakry, B. A., Nofal, O. A., Zeidan, M. S., and Hozayn, M. (2015). Potassium and zinc in relation to improve flax varieties yield and yield components as grown under sandy soil conditions. Agricultural Sciences, 6(01): 152.
- Bakry, B. A., Tawfik, M. M., Mekki, B. B., and Zeidan, M. S. (2012). Yield and yield components of three flax cultivars (Linum usitatissimum L.) in response to foliar application with Zn, Mn and Fe under newly reclaimed sandy soil conditions. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, 12(8): 1075-1080.
- Bastia, D. K., and Mohanty, S. K. (2001). Response of linseed (Linum usitatissimum) varieties to fertility levels under rainfed condition. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 46(2): 343-345.
- Darwesh, D. A. (2007). Role of supplemental irrigation and fertilizer treatments on yield and nutrients balance in wheat by using modified DRIS (Doctoral dissertation, Ph D Thesis Univ. of Salahadden. Soil and Water Dept).
- Darwish, D. A. (1998). Effect of some soil properties, nitrogen source and complementary irrigation on ammonia volatilization and growth of wheat (Doctoral dissertation, M. Sc. Thesis. Coll. of Sci. Univ. of Salahaddin. Erbil).
- Dhoke, S. K., Mahajan, P., Kamble, R., and Khanna, A. (2013). Effect of nanoparticles suspension on the growth of mung (Vigna radiata) seedlings by foliar spray method. Nanotechnology development, 3(1): e1-e1.
- Duncan, D. B. (1955). Multiple range and multiple F tests. Biometrics, 11(1): 1-42.
- El-Nagdy, G. A., Nassar, D. M., El-Kady, E. A., and El-Yamanee, G. S. (2010). Response of flax plant (Linum usitatissimum L.) to treatments with mineral and bio-fertilizers from nitrogen and phosphorus. Journal of American science, 6(10): 207-217.
- El-Shahawy, T. A., Rokiek, K. G., Belbaa, L. K., and Abbas, S. M. (2008). Micronutrients, B-vitamins and yeast in relation to increasing flax (Linum usitissimum L.) growth yield productivity and controlling associated weeds. Asian Journal of Agricultural Research, 2: 1-14.
- El-Sweify, A. H., Abd El-Daim, M. A., and M. M. Hussein. (2006). Response of some flax genotypes to pulling date under newly reclaimed sandy soil and sprinkler irrigation conditions. Egyptian Journal of Agricultural Research, 84(4): 1103-1115.
- Emam, S. (2019). Cultivars response of flax (Linum usitatissimum L.) to different nitrogen sources in dry environment. Egyptian journal of agronomy, 41(2): 119-131.
- Emam, S. (2020). Estimation of Straw, Seed and Oil Yields for Flax Plants (Linum usitatissimum L.) Cultivars of Foliar Application of Mn, Fe and Zn under Dry Environment. Egyptian Journal of Agronomy, 42(1): 35-46.
- Esmail, A. O., Yasin, H. S., and Mahmood, B. J. (2014). Effect of levels of phosphorus and iron on growth, yield and quality of flax. Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science, 7: 7-11.
- Grant, C. A., McLaren, D., Irvine, R. B., and Duguid, S. D. (2016). Nitrogen source and placement effects on stand density, pasmo severity, seed yield, and quality of no-till flax. Canadian Journal of Plant Science, 96(1): 34-47.
- Hunt, A. (1978). The sociological movement in law. In The Sociological Movement in Law (pp. 1-10). Palgrave Macmillan, London.
- Hussain, S., Anjum, F. M., Butt, M. S., and Sheikh, M. A. (2008). Chemical composition and functional properties of flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum) flour. Sarhad Journal of Agriculture, 24(4): 649-653.
- Khoshnaw, M. R. A. (2020). Phosphorus availability for wheat using DRIS and solubility Equilibria in calcareous soil (Doctoral dissertation, Ph D Thesis Univ. of Salahadden. Soil and Water Dept).
- Kottegoda, N., Munaweera, I., Madusanka, N., and Karunaratne, V. (2011). A green slow-release fertilizer composition based on urea-modified hydroxyapatite nanoparticles encapsulated wood. Current science, 73-78.
- Lee, C. W., Mahendra, S., Zodrow, K., Li, D., Tsai, Y. C., Braam, J., and Alvarez, P. J. (2010). Developmental phytotoxicity of metal oxide nanoparticles to Arabidopsis thaliana. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry: An International Journal, 29(3): 669-675.
- Lee, W. M., An, Y. J., Yoon, H., and Kweon, H. S. (2008). Toxicity and bioavailability of copper nanoparticles to the terrestrial plants mung bean (Phaseolus radiatus) and wheat (Triticum aestivum): plant agar test for water‐insoluble nanoparticles. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry: An International Journal, 27(9): 1915-1921.
- Maulood, P. M. (2020). Effect of environmental conditions on quality and quantity of walnut tree (Juglans regia L.) in Erbil province (Doctoral dissertation, Ph. D. Dissertation. Coll. of Sci. Univ. of Salahaddin. Erbil. Environmental Science- Plant Ecophysiology Dept).
- Meenakshi, G., Sarabdeep, K., Vikas, G., Rajeev, B., and Charu, S. (2017). Effect of different doses of fertilizers on yield and NPK uptake of linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.). Bangladesh Journal of Botany, 46(2): 575-581.
- Muhammad, K. K., and Mahmood, B. J. (2019). Impact of sulfur foliar fertilization on some growth characteristics, yield and quality of two flax cultivars. Journal of Kirkuk University for Agricultural Sciences, 2018.
- Sadak M. S., and Dawood M. G. (2014). Role of ascorbic acid and α tocopherol in alleviating salinity stress on flax plant (Linum usitatissimum L.). Journal of Stress Physiology and Biochemistry, 10(1):93–111.
- Sharef, S. F. (2016). Determination of iron critical level for Sulaimani soils cultivated with wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) (M. Sc. Thesis. Coll. of Agri. Sci. Univ. of Sulaimani. Sulaimani. Soil and Water Science Dept).
- Singh, D. N., Bohra, J. S., and Singh, J. K. (2013). Influence of NPK, S and variety on growth, yield and quality of irrigated linseed (Linum usitatissimum). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 83(4): 456-458.
- Soethe, G., Feiden, A., Bassegio, D., Santos, R. F., de Souza, S. N. M., and Secco, D. (2013). Sources and rates of nitrogen in the cultivation of flax. African Journal of Agricultural Research, 8(19): 2249-225.
- Article View: 4
- PDF Download: 3