PROFT MAXIMAZATION OF CATTLE BREEDERS IN RAMADI DISTRICT BY USING SHORT RUN COST FUNCTION FOR THE YEAR 2019
ANBAR JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES,
2021, Volume 19, Issue 2, Pages 195-206
AbstractLivestock is no less important than plant wealth, as it is a basic source of food and a source of easy-to-digest animal protein for humans, as livestock is an important aspect in the agricultural sector, where the protein content of cattle and poultry meat reaches nearly (20%) , While the percentage of protein in fruits (0.7%) and in vegetables is approximately (0.1%), and the revitalization of the industrial sector takes place on most animal products, as main raw materials are used in the industrial sector, and that the strength of this intertwining relationship between agriculture and industry has a prominent effect on Generating and increasing funds and distributing them, and despite the development in the country and the large number of projects for the production of beef, these projects are unable to meet the need for local demand for beef and bridge the gap that occurs between local production and demand for it, which forces the state to allow By importing large quantities of this commodity. The study aims to analyze and estimate the cost functions for beef using the different cost functions, and analyze them statistically, analogically and economically. The cost function for beef cattle breeders in the short term was estimated using the OLS method for beef cows on a random sample of (50) farms in Ramadi city For the year (2019), the cubic formula was the best formula for estimating this function as it is more in line with economic logic and passed the first and second degree tests, and the level of production that lowest costs was determined at (132,299) tons, and the most profit was (245.15) tons in the short term.
- Al-Alawi, M. A. A. (2007). An Economic Analysis of the Costs of Production of Sukari Dates in the Qassim Region, Master Thesis, King Saud University, College of Food and Agricultural Sciences.
- Al-Aqili, O. K., and Al-Hayali, A. D. (2009) Economic Analysis of the Production Costs of the Wheat Crop in Al-Rashidiya District, Journal of Administration and Economics, P (79).
- Al-Dulaimi, M. A. H. (2001). Economic Analysis of Cost Functions for Fish Farming Projects in Babylon Governorate, Master Thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad.
- Al-Dulaimi, M. A. H. (2014). The economics of broiler production projects in Iraq for the year 2012 (Anbar Governorate - an applied model). PhD thesis -Department of Agricultural Economics - College of Agriculture - University of Baghdad.
- Al-Najafi, S. T., and Q. B. Jamil. (1986). Agricultural Planning and Policy, Al-Wasal Press.
- Al-Nashmi, M. A. H. (2005). The economics of fish production in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Al-Nushwan, O. (1989). Economics of wheat production and costs in the regions of Riyadh and Al-Kharj.
- Heady, E. O., and Dillon, J. L. (1958). Agricultural Production Function. The Lowa State University Press.
- Kalifa, A. U. (1980). Introduction to mathematical Economics Micro Mathematical Economics, Baghdad, Iraq.
- Layard, P. R. G., and Walter, A. A. (1978). Microeconomic Theory, Mc Graww, Hill, Inc.
- Article View: 15
- PDF Download: 37