College of Agriculture – University of Anbar
Ministry of Agriculture – Department of Horticulture
Document Type : Research Paper
Field experiment was conducted in fields Department of Research and Studies –Horticulture in the district of Abu Ghraib of the province of Baghdad, During the agricultural season 2017. Experiment was carried Split plot design with R.C.B.D. with three replicates, to aim determination of the effect of binary interference between magnetized water and bio-fertilization in the qualities of growth (Plant height, Fruit length, Fruit diameter, Fruit weight, Number of fruits) and yield of Eggplant planted under tunnels. The experimental parameters included three magnetized intensities (0 ,600 ,1200) Gs, and two levels of bio-fertilization level 1 without adding (control) and the second level contaminated seeds with bio-fertilizer. The results showed a significant effect for magnetic water used in the experiment in the row the length of the plant, as it reached highest value 86.83cm when using magnetized water with magnetic intensity of 1200 Gs and the lowest values reached 81.00 cm when control treatment. The results also showed significant increases in the remaining growth and yield characteristics when using magnetized water. The use of bio-fertilization has a significant effect on the plant height reaching its highest values 88.11cm when using bio-fertilization and its lowest values reached 81.76cm without the use of bio-fertilization this result was consistent with the studied characteristics. As well as the binary interference between magnetized water and bio-fertilization have a significant effect on all studied characteristics.
- Adeyeye, A. S., Akanbi, W. B., Sobola, O. O., Lamidi, W. A., and Olalekan, K. K. (2016). Comparative effect of organic and in-organic fertilizer treatment on the growth and tuberyeild of sweet potato (Ipomea batata L). International Journal of Sustainable Agricultural Research, 3(3): 54-57.
- Abawari, R. A., Tuji, F. A., and Yadete, D. M. (2020). Phosphate solubilizing bio-fertilizers and their role in bio-available P nutrient: an overview. International Journal of Applied Agricultural Sciences, 6(6):162.
- AL-Khateeb Bassam, A. L., and AL-Najm, H. J. M. (2015). The impact of irrigation water salinity, water magnetization and soil available moisture depletion percent on potato yield and growth. Anbar Journal of Agriculture, 13(2):49-60.
- AL- Mohammadi, F. M. (1990). Protected agriculture. Dar Al Hekma Press. Ministry of Higher Education and Research Scientific research. University of Baghdad-Iraq.
- Al-Amri, S. M. (2021). Application of bio-fertilizers for enhancing growth and yield of common bean plants grown under water stress conditions. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 28(7), 3901-3908.
- Ambrose Jr, R. B., Wool, T. A., and Barnwell Jr, T. O. (2009). Development of water quality modeling in the United States. Environmental Engineering Research, 14(4), 200-210.
- Anderson, C. L., Cullen, A., and Stamoulis, K. (2008). Preference variability along the policy chain in Vietnam. The Journal of Socio-Economics, 37(5), 1729-1745.
- AL-Samurai, I. K. (2002). The role of bio fertilizer in the treatment of iron deficiency in wheat plants. The Iraqi Journal of Agricultural Science, 2(8), 7-16.
- AL-Taha, A. M. R. (2007). Biofertilizers and organic farming are healthy food and clean environment. Arab Thought House. faculty of Agriculture. Ain-Shams University.
- Al-Tohafy, S. A. (2005). Effect of nitrogen fertigation and foliar application of boron on growth and yield of solanum melongena l. var. rima in plastic houses. Iraqi Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 36(5): 43-50.
- Ali, N. S., and Al–Jutheri, H. W. (2011). Effect of mineral, organic and bio combined fertilization and irrigation methods on fertilizers productivity and nutrients use efficiency. Anbar Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 9(3): 130-145
- Bushong, S. C., and Clarke, G. (2013). Magnetic resonance imaging: physical and biological principles. Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Cooley, H., Donnelly, K., Phurisamban, R., and Subramanian, M. (2015). Impacts of California’s ongoing drought: agriculture. Pacific Institute: Oakland, CA, USA, 24.
- Cui, H., Liu, X., Jing, R., Zhang, M., Wang, L., Zheng, L., ... and Ma, F. (2020). Irrigation with Magnetized Water Affects the Soil Microenvironment and Fruit Quality of Eggplants in a Covered Vegetable Production System in Shouguang City, China. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 20(4), 2684-2697.
- Davis, A. R., and Rawls, W. C. (1974). Magnetism and its effects on the living system. Hicksville, NY: Exposition Press, 1974, 1976 printing..
- Hsiao, S. T., Ma, C. C. M., Tien, H. W., Liao, W. H., Wang, Y. S., Li, S. M., and Yang, R. B. (2015). Effect of covalent modification of graphene nanosheets on the electrical property and electromagnetic interference shielding performance of a water-borne polyurethane composite. ACS applied materials and interfaces, 7(4), 2817-2826.
- Evans, W. B., Hood, K. W., Hudson, P. M., and Paridon, K. L. (2006). Organic vegetable culture in Mississippi: growing and profitable. HortScience, 41(3), 509B-509.
- Guedes,V.H.F.;Diego,M.A.O.;Renato,L.S.;Geiza,A.A.O.andFernando,L.NO.The Effects of a Biofertilizer containing Growth –Promoting Bacteria on the Eggplant (Solanum Melongena L .).Journal of Experimental Agriculture International.26(6):1-8.
- Gopalan, C., Rama, B. V., and Balasubramanian, S. C. (2007). Nutritive value of Indian foods of brinjal (Solanum melongena L.). National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), ICMR. 58pp.
- Gordon,G.)2006(. The effect of color plastic mulches and row covers on the growth and production of okra and summer squash. Iternational Journal of vegetable science, 14(4):51-57.
- Hosoda, H., Mori, H., Sogoshi, N., Nagasawa, A., and Nakabayashi, S. (2004). Refractive indices of water and aqueous electrolyte solutions under high magnetic fields. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 108(9): 1461-1464.
- Hozayn, M., and Qados, A. A. (2010). Magnetic water application for improving wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) crop production. Agriculture and Biology Journal of North America, 1(4), 677-682.
- Hussein, W. A., and Muhammed, M. M. (2017). The response of white eggplant plants to foliar application with boron and potassium silicate. Assiut Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 48(1): 394-401.
- Kronenberg, K. J. (1985). Experimental Evidence for Effects of Magnetic Fields on Moving Water”. IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Volume Mag-21, No. 5.
- Järvan, M., and Edesi, L. (2009). The effect of cultivation methods on the yield and biological quality of potato. Agronomy research, 7(1), 289-299. Baghdad.
- Hamza, J. N. (2019). Investigation on using magnetic water technology for leaching high saline-sodic soils. Environmental monitoring and assessment, 191(8), 1-11.
- Kumar, N., Bauddh, K., Pandey, V. C., and Barman, S. (1981). DP Singh. Education, 1986.
- Marszałł, M. P. (2011). Application of magnetic nanoparticles in pharmaceutical sciences. Pharmaceutical research, 28(3): 480-483.
- Mohammed, D. A. (2014). Effect of magnetic water and depth of drip irrigation water and yield of cucumber in green houses. Diyala Agricultural Sciences Journal, 6(1): 179-186.
- Neweigy, N. A., Hanafy, E. A., Zaghloul, R. A., and El-Sayeda, H. E. (1997). Response of sorghum to inoculation with azospirillum, organic and inorganic fertilization in the presence of phosphate solubilizing microorganisms. Annals of Agricultural Science, Moshtohor, 35(3): 1383-1401.
- Ochigbo , A.A. and Harris ,G.P..Effects of film plastic cover on the growth and yield of bush tomatoes grown in abed system .Hort ,Sci 64 (1):1989,61-68.
- Palmer, A. N. (2014). Caves of the Black Hills, South Dakota Wind Cave National Park Jewel Cave National Monument. US National Parks: origins in the management of natural resources-Dynamiques Environnementales 31, 129.
- Qureshi, M. S., Midmore, D. J., Syeda, S. S., and Playford, C. L. (2007). Floating row covers and pyriproxyfen help control silverleaf whitefly Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) Biotype B (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae) in zucchini. Australian Journal of Entomology, 46(4): 313-319.
- Kadam, S. S., and Salunkhe, D. K. (2019). Handbook of vegetable science and technology (No. 635 Sa381h Ej. 2 014949). Marcel Dekker,.
- de Castro Seron, C., Rezende, R., Lorenzoni, M. Z., de Souza, Á. H. C., Gonçalves, A. C. A., and Saath, R. (2019). Irrigation with water deficit applying magnetic water on scarlet eggplant. Revista de Agricultura Neotropical, 6(4): 21-28.
- ScLeod, B. R., Liboff, A. R., and Smith, S. D. (1992). Biological systems in transition: sensitivity to extremely low-frequency fields. Electro-and Magnetobiology, 11(1), 29-42.
- Stolt, M. H., and Needelman, B. A. (2015). Fundamental changes in soil taxonomy. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 79(4), 1001-1007.
- Souza, A. D., Rezende, R., Seron, C. D. C., Lorenzoni, M. Z., Nascimento, J. M. R., Lozano, C. S., ... and Freitas, P. S. L. (2019). Evaluation of the growth and the yield of Eggplant crop under different irrigation depths and magnetic treatment of water. Journal of Agricultural Science, 11(17):35-43.
- Suryanto, A., Hamid, A., and Damaiyanti, D. R. R. (2017). Effectiveness of Biofertilizer on Growth and Productivity of Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.). Journal of Advanced Agricultural Technologies, 4(4): 368-370.
- Takatshinko, Y. (1997, September). Hydromagnetic systems and their role in creating micro climate. In International symposium on sustainable management of salt affected soils, Cairo, Egypt (Vol. 22, p. 28).
- Cho, Y. I., and Lee, S. H. (2005). Reduction in the surface tension of water due to physical water treatment for fouling control in heat exchangers. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 32(1-2): 1-9.
- Wittekindt, E., Broers, D., Kraepelin, G., and Lamprecht, I. (1990). Influence of non-thermic AC magnetic fields on spore germination in a dimorphic fungus. Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, 29(2): 143-152.