Agricultural Economics, College of Agriculture, University of Anbar, Ramadi, Iraq
Document Type : Research Paper
The wheat crop in many countries of the world has faced fluctuations in production despite its importance, which affects the production of those countries that want to achieve self-sufficiency in the wheat crop, including Iraq. Therefore, it was important to search for technical means and methods used to increase local production in the face of an increasing population, coupled with increasing productivity and reducing production costs. The research aimed to measure technical efficiency and capacity efficiency in light of the change and stability of capacity returns and to measure economic efficiency with its components (technical efficiency and specialized efficiency).
And estimating the volume of resources that achieved the economic efficiency of wheat farms in Anbar Governorate (Al-Ramadi), and measuring the technical efficiency and economic efficiency of the farms of the study sample, which included factors (area- quantity of seeds- quantity of fertilizers- quantity of control resources and pesticides - family work and automated work). Depending on the data envelope analysis method. The results showed that the technical efficiency of the farms of the study sample in light of the stability of the capacity return and the change in the capacity return amounted to more than (26%), it is noted that the farms that achieved full technical efficiency reached (46%), and therefore (6%) of the farms achieved efficiency Technical and specialized, which means that it is economically efficient.
- Al-Hani, A. S. (1999). Analysis of the production yield of wheat crop production in Iraq for the period (1975-1995). PhD thesis, University of Baghdad, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Al-Khafaji, W. K. J. (2001). The Effect of Improved Varieties on the Production Efficiency of a Sample of Wheat Seed Producers in the Irrigated Area, Master Thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad.
- Al-Quraishi, M. A., and K. Farid. (2013). Measuring the efficiency of Algerian banks using data envelope analysis. Al-Abeth Magazine, 12: 140-147.
- Al-Samarrai, M. Z. (2003). Measuring the Production efficiency of broiler breeders working within the poultry sector rehabilitation program, Master Thesis, College of Agriculture, University of Baghdad, AD.
- Coelli, T., Antonio, E., Sergio, P., and Lonrdes, T. (2003). A primer efficiency measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators, The International Bank for Reconstruction and development. Washington, USA.
- Coelli, T. (1996). A guide to DEAP version 2.1: a data envelopment analysis (computer) program. Centre for Efficiency and Productivity Analysis, University of New England, Australia, 96(08): 1-49.
- Hamza, M A., and Mohmood, Q. N. (2021). Estimation of technical efficiency (TE) for water melon crop in karma District using stochastic Erontier Approch, IOP conference series: Earth and Environmental science, 761(1): 012134.
- Hartwich, F., and Kyi, T. (1999). Measuring efficiency in agricultural research: strengths and limitations of Data Envelopment Analysis. Institute of Agricultual Economics and Social Sciences in the Tropics University of Hohenheim, 1-18.
- Hussain, S. S., and Chaudhary, M. A. (1995). Analysis of Allocative Efficiency in Northern Pakistan: Estimation, Causes, and Policy Implications [with Comments]. The Pakistan Development Review, 34(4): 1167-1180.
- Lau, L. J., and Yotopoulos, P. A. (1971). A test for relative efficiency and application to Indian agriculture. The American Economic Review, 61(1) 94-109.
- Maraj, H., and Faisal, C. (2011). Measuring the efficiency of islamic and conventional banks in algeria, University Center in Ghardaia, Algeria.
- Mbanasor, J. A., and Kalu, K. C. (2008). Economic efficiency of commercial vegetable production system in Akwa Ibom state, Nigeria: a translog stochastic frontier cost function approach. Tropical and subtropical agroecosystems, 8(3): 313-318.
- Osborne, S., and Trueblood, M. A. (2006). An examination of economic efficiency of Russian crop production in the reform period. Agricultural economics, 34(1), 25-38.
- Richetti, A., and Reis, R. P. (2003). The soybean production frontier and economic efficiency in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil. Revista de Economia e Sociologia Rural, 41: 153-168.